Friday, March 30, 2007

Best Fishes

Every Friday on A Shade of Blue Sharon does a "Technique Junkies Challenge" Last Friday's challenge was a glitter window. Here is my card for that challenge. But don't forget to see what she has up her sleeve for today!!

Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Only Orange, Basic Black, Whisper White; Stamps: SU's Very Punny Accessories: Marvy Mega Scalloped Square, Word Window Punch-SU, 1 3/8 Square punch, Zyron Sticker maker, Ultrafine Glitter, Stampendous glitter embossing powder, heat gun, Brads, Sakura Gelly Roll silver glitter pen. Ink: Cool Caribbean, Palette Noir Black, Only Orange craft



I saw a tutorial on how to make this card on Beate's Blog about a week ago and thought it would be a great way to incorporate Sharon's challenge. So I stamped the little fish with my palette ink and colored him with Watercolor Crayons, then I ran him through my Zyron and dipped him in the glitter and secured him behind the window cutout. I got the idea for the scalloped tag from Asela at her blog - Hop Art Studio So then I was looking at the leftover scalloped corners and wanted to see if I could sort of frame them around the window opening. I punched another square out of Only Orange and proceeded to trim some more, they fit almost perfectly. I'm pleased with the end result. I used the Gelly roll pen in silver glitter to add the dots in each scallop. If you want me to try to create a tutorial for the corners, just leave a comment on this post!

Now for the brads.....I love to make matching glittery brads for some of my creations. I take a brad, scuff it up real good with a sanding block, smush it into a pigment ink pad (here I used Only Orange) then dip it into embossing powder and blast it with my heat gun. I then put them into the freezer for a few minutes for a quick set. If you try to use it too quickly everything comes off. Oh yea- and always use tweezers when doing this, or you will burn your fingers....believe me!!

This card is going out to someone who is just starting something big and new!!!
Best Fishes everyone!!!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is cute too...I have to make one of these cards soon!

Cathrine StClair said...

This is cute! I love the little tab closure. I want to try trimming the scallop square like that too - just have not gotten to it yet.