Friday, March 30, 2007

Challenges



Every Thursday on A Shade of Blue I post a product challenge. Yesterdays challenge was to use Watercolor Paper. It has been quite a while since I worked with mine. Here is the card I made



Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Apricot Appeal and Watercolor Paper Stamps: SU's Delight in Life Ink: Versamark, Certainly Celery, Palette Noir Black and Black Stazon for the flowers Accessories: Cuttlebug Divine Swirl embossing folder, Word Window Punch, Fiskars scissors "cloud", Twinkling H2O's and waterbrush


The card base is made from Pumpkin Pie. I then ran the basic black through the cuttlebug, I thought about swiping some ink over the embossing, but decided it against it. I stamped the little dot thingies from the set onto the celery cardstock in versamark. I wanted the small flower to have a little more "pop" than I would achieve with the versamark ink, so I inked it with celery but stamped off on scrap paper before stamping on the strip. I pierced the top of the strip and trimmed the bottom with my Fiskars scissors. I used the Word Window punch for the tabs, glued them to the black base and added copper brads. I stamped the large flowers with Stazon onto wataercolor paper and painted them in with my Twinkling H2O's; cut them out then mounted all three with pop-dots.


I am really pleased with how this turned out. Here is a side view



I am actually getting another post ready for later today, so keep your eyes peeled!!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I love this...I would have never thought of black but OMG, I should!

Cathrine StClair said...

OK... When did you make all these posts and how did I miss them! I need to check my google reader. This is an awesome card!!! I just love it.