Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sometimes you feel like a nut.....

Sometimes you don't!! Hubby and I traveled this past Sunday to the PA - Delaware border to get his "Belated" Birthday gift {we had the ice storm the day I was going to go shopping!} We stopped for lunch first, so I decided to ask the "big" question!! "Would you mind if we went a little further and stopped at Michael's first?"(Me) Holding breath......."Where is this place anyway?"(DH) "Right next to Lowe's Sweetie"(me) So he dropped me off (insert shocked face!!) and said "when your done call me" Wooo Hooo!!!! I was in search of those elusive clear $1 stamps everyone has been raving about. Backtrack a moment....couldn't find them at my local M's...... The bin was picked over big time, but I managed to scrounge about 6 sets and one block. Not totally my style...but they may make some nice Blog givaways I also had a 50% AC Moore coupon in my purse...Hmmmm what to get. I spied this box of cards from DCWV
List price is $9.99 so I thought hey...$5 for a box of 60 cards and envies...not bad at all!! Because they have a scalloped or pinking edge to them!! Coolies!! 60 cards and envies for $5 what a bargain. Well, let me tell you....they are ONLY card fronts even though the box front says "60 A2 cards" they even have some card fronts without any fancy edges. But really, for $5 I can't complain. Then I came up with an idea.....I had this incredible inspirational moment for a card design, so today I got the chance to create it....


Not really what I had envisioned...Sometime you feel like a nut!!! On this card I used one of the scalloped card fronts cut it in half, then trimmed some more off of each half and adhered it to a card with the fold in the center (is there a technical name for this one? please let me know!) Well, before I adhered the scalloped halves I stamped them with 2 sets from TAC "Best Feelings" and the little circle thingie is from "Deco Designs". I used my Versamagic Dew Drops. I Love that ink!!! I added eyelets to create a closure with ribbon (used my Crop-a-Dile!!!) The ribbon is from my stash, then I added some self adhesive rinestone flowers that I found at Joann's in the $$ bins Not super thrilled with this one though....

So I played around again, this time forgoing the DCWV card fronts and came up with this.





Sometimes you don't.
I like this one a lot better!!!! This started out as the card above, then I used my scalloped scissors from Fiskars and cut down each side. It still didn't look right so I angle cut each side with the same scissors then turned the "card" on it's side. The card base is Certainly Celery from SU and the inside panel is Apricot Appeal. I used my Coluzzle to cut the white circle, the Apricot Appeal center was puched with my Mega Marvy Scalloped Circle punch, and the outer purple circle was cut with my Coluzzle as well. I unmounted my "Whirly Twirly" wheel!!!! and used my Tea Leaves Versamagic ink to stamp it on each scalloped half. The center image is from Stampendous; She's called Princess and is from their Calendar Chicks collection. I colored her with my Prisma pencils and Gamsol. I then went over the wand and veil with my Versamarker and added some glittery translucent EP (also from Stampendous) In the center of her wand, I added a little rinestone for some extra "Bling"

Here is what it looks like open


Sorry for the blurry pic....I don't know what I did. Well gotta run....I'll show some pics from Greg's surprise party soon!!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I really like what you did with those. I have seen those at Michaels, too, and realized they were just card fronts. At half price they were a good deal and you did some neat things with them!