Monday, April 2, 2007

With or Without?

My friend Cathy posted this incredible card here and it inspired me to create this. However, I'm not sure if I like it with or without the ribbon. What do you think?

With




Or without?



Supplies:

Stamp set: Swirly Gigs from TAC; CS: Basic Black, Taken with Teal; Ink: Versamark; EP: Winter Wonderland by Stampendous; Sakura Souffle pens

I stamped the images with my versamark ink then embossed with the Winter Wonderland EP (don't have white apparently.....shopping trip in order!) I then colored in everything with the Souffle pens and added lines and dots of my own. It looks really cool IRL!

Just not sure which way I like it better......so opinions please!!!!

Toodles Til Later!!!

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BELLA'S Have Arrived!!!!! So to my RAK sistah's on ASB.....Be on the lookout!!!!

5 comments:

Cathrine StClair said...

This looks great Melanie! I really love that stamp set but I'm still trying to learn to use it. I really like the pattern you created. Honsetly, I vote for no ribbon. I think it shows off the doodles more. But then again, the dotted ribbon is cool with the white dots in the pattern. Sigh.... no help at all am I? Thanks so much for linking to my Blog. Yours is looking so good. Mine's kinda dorky.

Jackie said...

Great card! I think it looks better without the ribbon - the dots on the ribbon ad too much "busyness" to it.

Unknown said...

Frankly, I like them both. But I would probably go without the ribbon. I think it has a little cleaner look to it.

Great job!

Anonymous said...

I like them both, but my preferrence is without! Now...I mean only that I think that the design can stand alone just fine. I am a less is more sort with some.
Beautiful card though~either was

Joan said...

I think I like it without the ribbon better, but both are great!! I love black and you did a great job using it as a background. The other colors pop!