Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Usernames & Passwords

First off....Wow!!! I can't believe it's been 6 days since I have posted....sorry....{bowing head in shame} Ok, back to the post. I don't know about you, but there are so many online places I shop and visit and with each one there is a "username" and "password". For security reasons I guess, they should not be all the same. So what do I do? I write them down on pieces of paper and they are scattered around my desk....not very efficient or organized....and I can never find the right piece of paper when I need it..... I was originally going to create a book to keep them all in, maybe something with my Rubicoil then add tabs like an address book. But then I came up with another idea....a file box....ya know...the ones that hold index cards...then this way if I needed to either get rid of it, edit it etc. I wouldn't have to cross things out in the book, but just create a new index card.

So I went to Staples, all they had was a plastic thing, not the best for altering. But I did pick up index cards and dividers. So then I went to AC Moore and found the perfect box! It holds 3x5 index cards, just the size I wanted.


The paper used to cover this box is DCWV Pretty Posies, I picked it up at Joanns on sale! I adhered it, and coated it with Mod Podge. Before doing that I painted the inside and some of the outer edges with acrylic paint, you can see it in this picture

Additional supplies used: Ribbons from my stash the trim is from Joanns, but to let you know, I bought it on clearance months ago; and some Prima flowers and seed beads. Now this next pic is with the dividers inside.

I really didn't feel like making my own, and for a buck and some change at staples......well I took the easy road!!!!

I had to decorate the top as well, so I pulled out my Doodle This set from SU and created this topper for the box.
Now all I need to do is write all my info on the cards and place them in my new box!!!!!! Just a little funny I want to add......on the shelf at AC Moore this is called a recipe box..Ok fine, but right next to the boxes they have a stack of 4"x6" recipe cards that DON'T fit in the "Recipe" box....What's up with that??!!

6 comments:

Vicki Hook said...

WOW! This box is amazing! Great job Melanie! :D

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Oh Melanie this is awesome and what a great idea… I have to make one!

Cathrine StClair said...

Cute! and so clever. I may steal this idea! I really need sonething like this. You should see my desk - all these little torn scraps of paper everywhere!

Cathrine StClair said...

Hi Mel! Tag - you're it!! http://cathystclair.blogspot.com/

Jen @ Jots & Pixels said...

That's beautiful. If you ever want to reclaim your desk space, there's "Password Agent".

http://www.download.com/Password-Agent-Lite/3000-2092_4-10360381.html?tag=lst-0-1

Jen @ Jots & Pixels said...

Hrmm. It cut off the link!

http://www.download.com
/Password-Agent-Lite
/3000-2092_4-10360381.html
?tag=lst-0-1

Of course, you'll have to paste it back together.