Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Flutterby

I made this card a couple of weeks ago and am just getting around to sharing it with you.....I know "gasp"
I really wanted the butterflies to go all in a row, but with the A2 size of the card, it just didn't look right to my eye. I stamped the butterflies with versamark on watercolor paper then embossed them with detail black EP. They are colored in with Twinkling H2O's. Stamp sets used are Flutterby by The Angel Company and Delight in Life by Stampin Up! I don't know if you can really see it in the picture, but the black cardstock is embossed with the D'vine Swirl folder in my Cuttlebug. The yellow cardstock is trimmed with my Fiskars "cloud" scissors and the rose cardstock is pierced and attatched behind the yellow.
Hope you enjoy!!

9 comments:

Jen Carter said...

That is beautiful Melanie! Such gorgeous work!!

Vicki Hook said...

WOWSA! I bet those "flies" really shimmer IRL! Gorgeous card!

The Art of Cards said...

WOW! This is a beautiful card!

Patti said...

Stunning! Great work Mel! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love those butterflies, and I'm sure the H2O's make them nice and shimmery!

Cathrine StClair said...

This is a gorgeous card Melanie! I really do love the way you use black so effectively.

StampingBetty said...

That is lovely!

Char said...

Wow....how gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing.

Stampin_Melissa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! These butterflies remind me of SU's retired set (that I held onto of course) Wonderful Wings. I may have to drag out that set again!